What history CAM will be all about


What history CAM will be all about

 

My name is Cameron Elliot I am delighted to welcome you to my blog: history CAM. Once I left university I found myself at a loose end, unable to stimulate myself now that I no longer had education. I needed an outlet to express my passion as containing it was not an option - then I stumbled across the idea to start writing a blog as I can produce my historical thoughts in a way hopefully enjoyable and informative for everyone as being aware of the past and its lessons is so crucial to benefit the future. 

Ever since I was a young boy, history has been my whole life regarding interests with the fascination of there existing a whole world before my own time and the time of everyone alive and in near memory. Also how these events going back as far as thousands of years all developed and progressed to end up where we are now. 

But yes, that is my background and hopefully it shows you my strong desire to further your interests in the broad field that is the study of history.   

I aim to show history to you with a fresh pair of eyes by explaining events differently than some articles which though highly informative always repeat only facts or summaries of already published works by authors or academics. I will further this writing with my own opinion pieces based on discovered evidence and current thoughts, covering events more obscure and fascinating than you can imagine.

Another element of my blog which should be cause for excitement is the ongoing themes or topics I will cover in consecutive posts over anything from one-two weeks. Through this, there will be continuity which will leave you itching to read my future articles to join me in completing a story I will tell over various chapters, or posts in this case. 

But I imagine now you will want to find out more about my scope as far as time, places and topics of history? Do not worry as that is what I will do now. I will cover a combination of political, social, cultural, racial, geographical, imperial and intellectual history to keep you all engaged and keep to my promise of refraining from boring and dry content - for reassurance, I am not one to break my promises (!)

This will also be over a huge timeframe, from as far back as 8,000 years when the first basic modern human civilisations were popping up, more advanced than the simple settlements preceding thousands of years before. 

Coming far forward (and I mean really much further forward in time), to the end of the 1900s there was dramatic changes from the global political landscape. The forecast of such climates were mass multination independence on a global scale, advancements the likes of which the world had never seen and few could have envisioned and progress barely thought possible merely a few decades before.

All the timeframes in between will receive their due and thorough attention over many posts in future so do not fear please as these will be taken care of. Important to note though that blogs will not be in chronological order so to avoid bland and predictable content.

Now with that covered, the only piece of housekeeping left I think is to give a quick run through of the first post available soon enough. (I know being kept waiting is annoying but trust me, it will be worth it!)

Per already mentioned, the first post will mark the start of many themes, though to avoid spoilers I will not detail here (I am sure the anticipation will be killing you but bear with me please). I will simply say it will be about an idea of a marker for a mini time period between the end of ancient history and start of early medieval history - this being the Norse (I cannot in good conscience use the marketing term Viking sorry and you will thank me later) invasion of 793CE and the mass changes it caused.

I hope you enjoyed that outline of what my blog will entail and I hope you will all join me on this new path into my own wardrobe adventure (thank you C.S Lewis) of historical writing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Tragedy Forces Action: Disasters That Changed The Law

history CAM: History's Biggest Wild Goose Chases - Times Myths Drove Extreme Quests

Beasts of Benefit: Animals Behind Human Prosperity